In line with reports last month, Health Diagnostic Laboratory Inc, the embattled lab company, has reached a settlement with the Department of Justice following a lengthy investigation into the company’s business practices, which include giving kickbacks to physicians and additional illegal sales, marketing, and billing practices.
HDL will initially pay at least $47 million to the government.
Note to readers: I have received a document from an inside source that provides a detailed snapshot of HDL’s past financial status. I plan to report this information next week.
Previous Stories About HDL:
- Beyond Kickbacks: More Questions About Unnecessary Cardiovascular Biomarker Tests
- Way Beyond Kickbacks: More Serious Misconduct Alleged Against Medical Testing Company HDL
- Embattled HDL Laboratory CEO Resigns Amid Federal Investigation
- Doctor: You’re Going To Have A Heart Attack! Patient: Your Tests Results Are Giving Me A Heart Attack!
- Cigna Sues Embattled HDL Laboratory For $84 Million
- Embattled Lab Nears Settlement With Government Over Kickbacks