How does a clinical laboratory company grow in a few short years from nothing to more than $400 million in revenue and over $100 million in profit? Since the same company just settled with the DOJ for as much as $100 million, it’s reasonable to suspect that growth was probably not entirely legitimate.
Now new information, gleaned from documents containing previously unreported details about the company, provides an inside look at the inner workings of the company and its rampant growth, fueled by greed and a massive disregard for law and industry standards. Except where otherwise indicated, the details of HDL’s finances reported below come from a financial statement and a spreadsheet prepared by the company and made available to me by a source. The details are consistent with information revealed by a former company employee with intimate knowledge of HDL’s finances.
Previous Stories About HDL:
- Beyond Kickbacks: More Questions About Unnecessary Cardiovascular Biomarker Tests
- Way Beyond Kickbacks: More Serious Misconduct Alleged Against Medical Testing Company HDL
- Embattled HDL Laboratory CEO Resigns Amid Federal Investigation
- Doctor: You’re Going To Have A Heart Attack! Patient: Your Tests Results Are Giving Me A Heart Attack!
- Cigna Sues Embattled HDL Laboratory For $84 Million
- Embattled Lab Nears Settlement With Government Over Kickbacks
- DOJ Settles With Embattled Lab, Criminal Charges For Executives Still Possible