Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc., the embattled lab company, has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. The once high flying company, which was founded in 2009 and achieved annual revenue of more than $400 million in a few short years, has been beset by scandal and legal difficulties. Most recently, the US Department of Justice announced that it had reached a settlement with HDL which requires the company to make an initial payment of $47 million, though the final cost could be as high as $100 million.
The bankruptcy filing was a response to a notice of default sent to the company by its bank…
Previous Stories About HDL:
- Beyond Kickbacks: More Questions About Unnecessary Cardiovascular Biomarker Tests
- Way Beyond Kickbacks: More Serious Misconduct Alleged Against Medical Testing Company HDL
- Embattled HDL Laboratory CEO Resigns Amid Federal Investigation
- Doctor: You’re Going To Have A Heart Attack! Patient: Your Tests Results Are Giving Me A Heart Attack!
- Cigna Sues Embattled HDL Laboratory For $84 Million
- Embattled Lab Nears Settlement With Government Over Kickbacks
- DOJ Settles With Embattled Lab, Criminal Charges For Executives Still Possible
- Inside The Scandal: Profit And Greed At An Embattled Laboratory Company